Monday, May 3, 2010

Firstediting.com


Okay so the first company I contact was Firstediting.com to get info on the products they offer and just how much it would cost to edit grammar, punctuation & ect on a 90908 word file. I must say so far i was quite inpressed with how quick you can get a quote.

Most places give you a small refrence to their prices but what they really want is you to contact them so they can bombard you with phone calls & emails. With Firstediting.com I recieved an instant quote but that wasn't the best part. After submitting my work to them I had a sample of  their editing in my email inbox the next morning. Yes that's right!~ They actually give you a sample before you even pay them a penny. 

Now I don't have $999.99 (actual quote I recieved) to spend at this moment to have my book Vineyard House edited. So I went ahead and sent Firstediting.com a email asking if the have payment options. In less than a day I recieved an email clearly explainging their payment options. Below is the email I recieved (minus personal information). They are only a few of the editing companies that have a "payment option".

Yes just editing can get very expansive. Of the ten companies I contact Firstediting.com was not only the cheapest with the fastest response time, they also had a very detailed web page that was easy to navigate. Firstediting.com not only offers editing for novels but they do pretty much everyting under sun when it comes to words forming on paper. So my conclusion is I will definetly have Vineyard House edited by Firstediting.com and so far just on customer service they get  9 out of 10 stars. Now mind you that may all change once I submit Vineyard House for editing but I will keep you posted through the process!!


Email from Firstediting.com
Hello (Blogger)

Thanks for your email in regards to your editing project.
Many of our authors who have a large document like yours request the opportunity to make smaller payments for their editing/proofreading project.
Thus, they submit their work in smaller portions. This allows them to make smaller payments and achieve the editing they desire. This option allows a more affordable price and a time schedule which is more convenient for you.
Editing Payments...
If you would like to submit your work in portions, simply:
Divide your project into smaller documents with smaller word count totals.
(For example, a $900 edit can be submitted in 3 separate submissions of only $300 each...)
Fill out our secure order form at: https://secure.firstediting.com/order_form1.php?docTypeId=2&wordcount=90908&JOB_ID=19731&source_id=1&txtpagecount=
Change the word count to match the smaller document that you are submitting. (The new price will display at the bottom of your order form.)
Submit ONLY your smaller document for editing.
Your order will be assigned instantly to an editor for completion. Your may then submit the remaining portions of your editing project when it is convenient for you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of using them thank you for this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of using them thank you for this:)

    ReplyDelete