Sunday, April 11, 2010

Trying to quit smoking.

Well today was another fun filled day. I am attempting to quit smoking. UHG it is much more difficult than I thought it would be. It seems almost everything around me triggers a craving. Driving makes mewant to smoke. Eating makes me want to smoke. Even watching television. The worse is when the stop smoking ads come on. Nothing makes me want to smoke more than someone else telling me why I should quit. And they play those ads so much that it seems every commercial break sends me drooling for a cigarette. Oh and don't bother popping in a dvd to escape from the stop smoking ads cause they are there too. On most dvd's they are played before the FBI statement warning you not to copy the dvd or steal it.

They say quitting smoking is harder than quitting heroin. Smokers sufer from mood altering withdrawls and symptons just as any drug addict would do. Our addiction cause us to beg, lie, cheat & steal just like any other drug.  So I ask you this...why are there no rehabs for smokers? We're just suppose to give it a run on our own? I guess horrible tasting gums & itchy patches are supposed to be enough.

Anyone out there trying to quit too? What are you doing to escape from the urges?

No comments:

Post a Comment